A Kinder Day
What Did We Do Today?
- 3D construction with recycled and found objects
- Collage with paper and textiles
- Experimenting with drawing and writing materials
- Different methods of painting
- Role playing with dress ups
- Imitative play using everyday household goods
- Creating with playdough
- Building with a variety of manipulative equipment
- Sensory experiences
- Sand and water play
- Bike riding
- Running games
- Discussions over puzzles
- Reading stories on our comfy chair
- Exploring natural environments
- Children taking ownership of their learning environment
- Conversations and interactions between children and adults, children and children
- Dancing and singing
- Having meals together as a family
- Families taking part in “stay and play”
- Searching for stars under the fairy tree
Hey Dee Ho music comes to Friend Street for Red Group.
The Hey Dee Ho music program comes to Friend Street Kindergarten once per fortnight for a session with Red Group. Hey Dee Ho is an entertainment based music program for children where musical concepts of beat, rhythm, tempo, pitch and dynamics are explored in every session. Each program is set around a theme where we use props, puppets and non-tuned musical instruments. A felt board completes the picture to make for a multi-sensory experience.
The program is presented to address the following:
- Cognitive Learning
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Visual and auditory processing and memory
- Language development
- Stimulate imagination and active role play
- Self-control and turn taking (social skills)
Pee Wee PE and Yogafun are great additions to the Blue Group program.
In terms 2 & 3 all Blue Groups children take part in Pee Wee PE run by Heartwell Fitness.
Pee Wee PE is physical education designed specifically for preschool children. This program has two main aims. Firstly, to provide a positive and joyous introductory experience to physical education. Secondly, to teach children fundamental and gross motor skills to set them on the correct path for an active and sporting school life.
All instructors are tertiary trained physical education teachers with vast education experience.
This is a curriculum based program, designed to introduce children to crucial locomotive and movement patterns that are essential in the formation of more complex skills.
The skills taught are sequential and progressive leading to game playing in a positive, non-threatening and nurturing environment.
Each term the program builds on learned skills with stimulating activities designed to enhance children’s spatial awareness, motor control, participation and enjoyment.
Our program serves as an excellent foundation for subsequent primary school physical education and sport.
Children receive achievement certificates at the completion of term three.
Yogafun is a new weekly addition to Blue Group’s program. Yogafun is a children’s yoga & mindfulness program. The children learn invaluable life skills that help them with meeting challenges and growing strong physically, mentally and emotionally, cultivating self-esteem for a lifetime of successful achievement.
Yogafun helps them to sleep, focus and play better in their everyday activities. Their programs are an initiative to prevent anxiety, depression and bullying in schools. The program strictly contains no religious references to cater for all families.