National Quality Standard
The National Quality Standard sets a national benchmark for the quality of education and care services.
Every service in the country will be assessed under the National Quality Standard which consists of seven quality areas each containing standards and elements.
The seven quality areas covered by the National Quality Standard are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
Every service receives a rating for each quality area and an overall rating.
These ratings must be displayed by each service.
There are five rating levels within the national quality rating and assessment process:
- Excellent rating, awarded by ACECQA
- Exceeding National Quality Standard
- Meeting National Quality Standard
- Working Towards National Quality Standard
- Significant Improvement Required
Friend Street Kindergarten has achieved the overall rating of EXCEEDING National Quality Standards.